At last, the much-awaited trailer of Ajay Devgn-starrer Baadshaho has been released and we can’t help ourselves but instantly draw parallels with the Tom Hardy–Charlize Thereon starrer Mad Max: Fury Road. Although the stories of the films in question are quite different, their action sequences in a similar setting give us the same feels.
The trailer gives you a glimpse of how a group of protagonists is conducting a heist by jumping onto other cars, attaching themselves to the chassis and breaking down walls with magnificent jeeps (Oh wait, there’s a lot of Fast And The Furious going on as well!) We can understand that if heist films are to be made, it would involve on-road car chases and seemingly impossible ways of cracking into the vehicle where all the good stuff lies, but one would hardly want so many similarities if he/she is aware of Baadshaho’s Hollywood counterpart.
Guess we just cracked the recipe that the chefs of Baadashaho have used for their dish.
- Get a few of the country’s most loved actors on screen (Repeating an old pair too, if necessary)
- Get a group of people to take a stand on something together
- Take them on a long and tiresome ride across a desert (Courtesy Mad Max)
- Give way to the interpersonal rivalries (As per the promo brochure of Baadshaho)
- Give the group a seemingly idealistic leader and an aim of going after something valuable(We know where that came from)
- Performing some gravity defining action sequences (Mad Max and FnF)
- Involve a romantic angle to it all (Honestly, we are still tripping over Mere Rashk-E-Qamar)
All in all, we will get to see the tried-and-tested take on a heist movie with Sunny Leone in it.
Milan Luthria has claimed that he prefers pace in a movie, which we sincerely hope that we end up saying that when the movie releases.