Soorma star Taapsee Pannu needs no introduction whatsoever. In 2017 alone, the actress had been played pivotal parts in films like Naam Shabana, Judwaa 2, Soorma, Anando Brahma and the Ghazi Attack. To top off that list was also her short film debut, Nitishastra that rocked and shocked audiences worldwide.
On the occasion of her birthday last year, we brought you 12 adorable childhood pictures of the PINK star. But, this year, we have brought to you 5 top reasons why Miss Pannu has stood out from the rest of the B-Townies and left a mark on the Indian film industry already in such a short span of time.
- Her choice of roles: In over 5 years the actress has played a spy, a hockey player, a small town Punjabi Kudi, a victim who fights for her right, a lawyer who fight for a community that is repeatedly targeted, a visually challenged girl and a martial arts instructor. In between all of this she also played a stereotypical Bollywood heroine as well. And, this is only the characters that she has played in Bollywood movies! If we take into account the kinds of characters she has played in South Indian films, your jaws will drop!
- A HIT in Bollywood & down south!: While a lot of actors come from one industry to another to try their luck and many fail in one and succeed in the other, it’s safe to say that Taapsee has seen success in both of them. She has built a name for herself in Telugu and Tamil cinema and Bollywood as well. The actress has worked with the bigwigs of all industries and dubs her own lines, irrespective of the language of the film. Now you know why Bollywood, Tollywood and Kollywood just LOVE her!
3. Never give up attitude: Taapsee has had an uphill climb to get where she is now. Even with a gap of a year and a half between Chashme Badoor and Baby, the actress refused to give up hope and kept at it. Her hard work was clearly visible as we saw her in back-to-back blockbusters such as Baby, Pink, Ghazi Attack, Naam Shabana and Judwaa 2. While many others stray away from trying something new, Taapsee has always been all about putting her versatility to test.
- Continues to do South Indian cinema: Her film Neevevaro will see the light of day soon in South Indian cinema halls really soon and she will soon begin working on another project in Tamil. In the last three years, she has managed to do 6 south films while she has simultaneously shot for 10 Bollywood flicks. The kind of love that she receives from her humongous fan base down south is truly one of a kind, which explains as to why Taapsee keeps lighting up the silver screens out there.
5. No Godfather: A lot of people sometimes need help to get by, especially in the film industry. They use political connections, family connections and business associations to move up the food chain. But Taapsee was not one of those people as she ventured into the industry with no godfather whatsoever and continues to rule the cinemas due to her sheer talent, hard work and skill.
All in all, our birthday girl is a true role model indeed!!
Stick to this space for the latest in Bollywood!