Bollywood and its actors are changing at a gradual pace with the passage of time. Earlier, web series were something that only a few artists opted for and they stuck to their genre. But things have changed over the past two years. With huge names from the web like Sumeet Vyas doing mainstream films like Veere Di Wedding, High Jack and Ribbon, and the likes of Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Saif Ali Khan foraying into to the web, the lines have blurred between the two mediums.
Check out the actors who will be debuting in their first ever digital series this year. We cannot wait to see them on the new generation small screen.
- Salman Khan: Race 3 star Salman Khan is never afraid of trying new things out and here’s its ultimate proof. The actor, who quite recently turned distributor for his upcoming actioner Race 3, has also added yet another feather to his cap. If this report is to be believed, Salman is about to enter the web-space as a producer in collaboration with Banijay group. Will he ever act in his own web productions? Only time will tell!
2) Arunoday Singh: Arunoday Singh, who was praised heavily for his role opposite Irrfan Khan in Blackmail is currently busy shooting for the new Alt Balaji series, Apharan. He plays a cop turned criminal in the series and has been seen shooting around the by lanes of Rishikesh. The series stars web superstar, Nidhi Singh and is being directed by Siddhartha Sengupta.
3) Saif Ali Khan: Saif Ali Khan has begun doing some very interesting roles. His character in Kaalakandi was applauded because it was very different from what the actor had done. Now, Saif has taken the big leap into the digital space by playing the lead for the Netflix Original series, Sacred Games. It is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane and is based on the thriller novel by Vikram Chandra. The show releases mid this year.
4) Pankaj Tripathi: National Award Winner Pankaj Tripathi is currently busy with three back to back films in three different languages. He starred alongside Ammy Virk in Harjeeta, with Sanjay Mishra in Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain and will be seen alongside South Indian Superstar, Rajnikanth in Kaala that will release next month. Currently, the Newton actor is busy shooting for the BBC international remake of Criminal Justice. It stars Jackie Shroff and Vikrant Massey as well. Pankaj Tripathi will be debuting in two web series’ around the same time, Mirzapur and Criminal Justice.
5) Kalki Koechlin: Kalki, who recently completed shooting for Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, starring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt in lead roles, will be making her web series debut with Smoke, starring Neil Bhoopalam, Mandira Bedi and Jim Sarbh, based on the Goan mafia and politics and will see Kalki debuting as a Portuguese-Goan DJ in the series.
6) Vir Das: India’s global phenomena in the comedy space, Vir, who recently signed 2 stand up specials for Netflix and ABC’s crime drama Whiskey Cavaliers will also be making his official web series debut in Nikkhil Advani’s forthcoming 10-part Netflix series titled Hasmukh.
Radhika Apte: Radhika Apte, who was last seen in Akshay Kumar’s critically acclaimed Padman will soon be seen gracing the digital space with her web series debut in Netflix’s first Indian original web series directed by Vikramaditya Motwane called Sacred Games with Saif Ali Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.